Monday, October 5, 2009

Well it is Monday morning, the day before the surgery and tests. I must admit, I am not looking forward to it. I told Rebecca the other day that I think I am more worried about the surgery than I am the cancer. I made the mistake last week of reading an article in our local newspaper about a man who went to one of our local hospital's for knee surgery and they performed the surgery on the wrong knee! And no, it's not the hospitial we will be using. Not a good choice on my part.

I have a lot going through my mind this morning, too much to form any coherent thoughts, and attempt to put them on "paper". What has mostly been on my mind is the adjustments I will have to make over the next few weeks. Some of you may have had to make similar adjustments or worse. But for me it is a new experience. It occured to me after the visit with the surgeon. My right forearm will have a large void in it where the tumor will be removed. They will then do skin grafts to help cover the void. It will not completely cover it and I will have a large ugly scar. Which is fine with me, something to brag about later! I will have bandages stiched to my arm, then some sort of soft cast or wrap, then a sling. I have to keep it completely imobile. The way my head works, and I am sure some of you are scared to find that out, is all I could think about was not being able to do the daily things. So think about this, start from the beginning of your day and think about every thing you do from getting out of bed to going back to bed at the end of the day. Some things should be fairly easy. But other things may not be becuase I am not very good with my left hand for anything, except eating which is obvious. So that I don't embarass my mother or mother-in-law or wife, I won't go into anymore detail. I will just say somethings could be interesting.

I have spoken a lot in the blog about how wonderful it is to have such a great support group. And how it seems like God provides me with what I need. I was in a weird place when I got up this morning. The house was quiet, and we have a lot to do today so my mind has been racing since I got up. So I thought I would do a little writing hoping that would help. But midway through my writing my phone rang. It was my uncle. What a God send. It was excatly what I needed. We had a GREAT conversation, and it helped calm my mind and spirit and bring me back a little closer to center. Thanks Lynn. Wow another phone call from Jan from the Dr.'s office. Thank you to you and Dr. Kendrick! More great people who are in our corner! Amazing how God works.

I know that all of you are, but please keep us in your prayers tomorrow. It is going to be a long day for all of us. Pray for the doctors and nurses that they will have the best day in surgery they have ever had! We willl post again as soon as we find something out. I will continue to try and post as much as possible. It will be another one of those adjustments for me because it will be left handed pecking instead of typing. (And yes I can type, quite well thank you. Hey I had to get an A in at least one class in school!)

Thank you and we Love all of you!

Remember everyday to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don't forget to breath.....

No comments:

Post a Comment