Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 4? Well no rain to watch today which is ok. Something about that rain that is so relaxing though. I did have a really good "babysitter" again today. Nothing like mom when you aren't well. And as a good mother does she came bearing gifts! Food! Taco's, cheese dip, bananna pudding and.............LEMON BARS! Praise God! Thank you mom! It really was good, she got to spend some time with the kids today which they always enjoy as she does. I am so very greatful for my family and friends. I have been truly humbled by all of the phone calls and messages I have received over the last two days. They mean so much to us right now, hearing your words of friendship and encouragement is a large part of where we draw our strength. I had to charge my phone twice today! Thank you for your prayers for Rebecca, she slept last night and looks much more rested today. We are going to try and move the recliner into our bedroom so we can at least sleep in the same room. We are still newly weds after all.

I have thought a lot today about the unknowns we face over the next several weeks. I would be lying if I said there was no fear. There is, we are all scared, it is human nature. The waiting and fear of the unknown is still the worst. We speak often that we are ready to find something out, formulate a game plan, and get busy. I was watching the Shawshank Redemption yesterday and was reminded of one of my favorite movie lines, "you can either get busy living, or get busy dying". We are getting busy living. But the main theme that keeps running through my head is how things have already changed for me. So many things that used to be important to me just aren't anymore. Things and people who used to bother me, sometimes to the point of losing sleep, don't anymore. The corny sayings we have heard all our lives like "don't sweat the small stuff" and "one day at a time" actually mean something to me today. My cancer survivor comrade Chad posted a saying on his facebook today, "I used to pity myself for having no shoes till I met the man with no feet". Wow! Life is too short, another one of those over used statements. Life is too short. It's too short to be angry, too short to be jealous, too short to be mean, too short to carry a grudge, too short to not talk to and be with those we love, and the list goes on. One of our new favorite saying's is "it could always be worse", and it could. My hope and prayer is that others can find their "place" without that phone call. I however am way too hard headed to just listen to someone else and learn. I have to be smacked over the head with the phone call just to get my attention. You can ask my parents I have one way of learning, the hard way. My next big obsticle in life is WHEN I am well, I won't forget everything I just said!

Well I will end now. That has just really been on my heart today. Life is all about our families and friends and we love all of you! I have a really big day tomorrow..........the couch and football! It's a rough life but somebody's got to do it.

Remember each day to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don't forget to breath........

3 comments:

  1. Reading this entry really touched me today... I must say that you are both wonderful people who hold a special place in my heart yet I have let some things keep me from calling you, I guess its time to put that behind me, I truely have missed you as to me you have been family since the first day we meet. Please know that I am here for you thru all that lies ahead of you, thru this and thru every other obsticle in life. We have stood by each other thru some very trying times and I plan to stand by you as a friend for many years to come!

    Love you guys,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. good morning to you two i read this and i sure had to stand back an look at some things, i felt like you was talking right to me!! i do need to let some things go an by faith i will but it is so hard but on a happier note heres some WORD for your day

    The WORD of the LORD came to me saying. Before I formed you in the womb I knew you before you were born I set you apart!!

    YOUR SO LOVED AND BLESSED
    sharen

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning to you two heres some WORD for your day

    Lord You created me in my mothers womb. You watched in secret as my body was formed. You wrote down Your plan for my life before I took my first breath. Heavenly Father how I desire to follow the plan that You created for me!

    For you created my inmost being you knit me together in my mothers womb. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were writen in your book before one of them came to be..

    YOUR SO LOVED AND BLESSED
    sharen

    ReplyDelete