Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Upate

Well, I just woke up from a much needed 10 hours of sleep. I haven't done that in a long time. And yes it felt good. I didn't know I was still capable of sleeping that long! And in a hotel room. But now I, we, are ready to go home.

For those of you who may not know, this drug that I have been on has been making me sick. Sicker than most I have done so far. And n0t just a little sick, throwing up, fever, no energy, a lovely rash, and on and on. We met with the doctors here in Nashville yesterday and the bottom line is, this drug isn't working. There has been no shrinkage in the tumors. The one under my arm is actually getting bigger I think. So after discussion with the nurse, doctor, Rebecca and myself it was decided to stop the medication. Now normally, or at least up to this point in this journey, we would have an alternate plan, usually given by the doctor, that we would try. This time we don't. He made a few suggestions, but didn't have anything concrete. So we walk away from a doctor with no plan. A whole new feeling for us. We knew this could happen. But here we are anyway, dumb founded. We are leaving today to head home. I think we are going to take a couple of days to process all of this, talk with the kids, our parents and begin making some decisions. We are running out of options, and we understand that with each option we chose now it is even a little more further out there as far as chances they will work. We have to take many other factors into consideration like, distance of travel, finances, chances things will work, availability etc.

I have to be honest, I am not in a writing mood right now. Please don't misunderstand, please. I am not getting down, being negative, or giving up. I have learned a few things along this journey. One of them is after appointments like this, I need a few days to process it all, feel what I need to feel, need some time to rest, then get back on my feet again. And that is exactly what I will do here. Today is just not the day. Thank you to each of you for your thoughts and prayers, we cannot do it without you. I will write again in a few days when I have had some time to wrap my head around all of this. Pray that we have a safe trip today.

Remember every day to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don't forget to breath..........................

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your wife that God well show you all what he has in his plain for you.
    The Smiths

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I have learned from you guys through this journey is you guys have the most incredible strength. This strength will help you both get through this. You and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. God always has a plan... lean on him and he will help you through.
    "May the Lord bless you and keep you, may he make his face shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you peace" Number 6:24
    Love, Stephanie (City of Owasso)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are still thanking our father for you and your healing and you will have a safe trip home

    donnie and sharen

    ReplyDelete