Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tuesday

Well it is Tuesday morning here at MD Anderson. The only major even that has happened thus far is that I accidentally poured a 32 oz. cup of cold water on me and my bed this morning around 6 while trying to take medicine the nurse was giving me. That is one way to wake up! I guess that is payback for trying to tease the nurses too much this week. I have been trying to blog the last couple of days but the internet here isn’t so great and it won’t save or publish my post so we are going to try and do this a different way today.

On the medical front all is going really well. All of my numbers from my blood work are perfect. I still have a few small side effects like fatigue, some diarrhea (I knew you wanted to know that), shortness of breath and bloating. Most of them are supposed to stop the minutes the drugs stop. I have had no nausea or dizziness. Honestly the doctors are surprised I am doing so well. I am still getting up and walking around two or three times a day. I will start my last round of treatments Wednesday morning around 4 am. then they will take me off all of them and keep me for observations for a day or two. The will then release me from the hospital on Thursday or Friday, and we will stay here in Houston for a day or two then be on our way back to Tulsa! I know this, without a doubt. The only reason this has gone so well is because of all of the thoughts, prayers and support of all of you. PERIOD! I was just talking to Rebecca and Mom about that. We have people praying for us all over the world and I am a firm believer in prayer. THANK YOU! Its not been easy, but it has been as easy as it could be because of all of you. The other good news it that this usually means the following treatments will be easier as well. The next question will be how is it affecting the cancer? We should know in about six weeks.

My family and I simply cannot thank each of you for all you all are doing for us. It is humbling and amazing. I have thought a lot about this while lying in bed these last few days and the simple answer is there is power in numbers. Not once have I been depressed or down. Not once have I said why me. I realized that I am drawing my strength from all of those prayers, thoughts, fundraisers, messages, phone calls, and texts that we have gotten from all of you. Surprisingly I have been in a great mood each day knowing that this is only temporary and soon I will get to be back to my home and family and friends. There is no greater motivation.

Well today will be another normal day for me of more needles and drugs and trying to eat. I think I may go see if I can challenge someone to a race around the nurses station. Thank you again to all of you.

Remember everyday to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don’t forget to breath……………..

No comments:

Post a Comment