Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Morning

Well just a quick update this morning. It is Tuesday October 5th. We fly out today at noon on a plane that is part of the Angel Flight program. And what a program that is. They fly patients to MD Anderson in Houston (among other places I think) for free. It is mostly for people who cannot afford to fly commercially or who have to fly back and forth on a regular basis. It is private plane owners and companies who donate their planes, and time to provide a service to others. It is incredible. It is another one of those things where others have stepped up and helped us tremendously during this time. Besides it beats having to go through airport security or the Houston airport any day of the week. Then, thanks to my Texas State Fraternal Order of Police family, we will have a ride waiting on us when we land.

As most of you know by now my parents are going with us. They both came down with the head and chest junk over the weekend and aren't feeling well. Both Rebecca and I started feeling ill last night. One of the rules at the hospital is if you are sick you cannot be around the patient's so we need prayers that we will all be feeling well by Thursday. Yesterday I kept saying, I am not getting sick, I am not getting sick, I am not getting sick. Mind over matter! No please pray for us that we are well by the weekend. Otherwise we are doing okay. Obviously we are nervous. The fear of the unknown is always the worst. I think we are all ready to get through the first week so at least we will have a better idea of what to expect. There are still many things up in the air like will I feel up to traveling after the treatments. If not, we will have to find a place to stay there in Houston. Not an easy proposition to find a place there that is affordable. Rebecca's mom will be coming on October 18th to stay at our house with the kids. So, we had to send them of to stay with family members last night which was hard, especially on Rebecca. We are going to miss them. This is a very difficult time for them and they need lots of prayers as well. There is not much else at this point. I am going to post blogs as much as possible. Some of them may be through dictation to Rebecca, but we will keep everyone posted as much as possible.

Thank you again for all you prayers, support, emails, and texts. Thank you to all of you who are giving of your time and energy to do fundraisers and help us during this time. Words cannot express how grateful we are. We love all of you guys.

Remember every day to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don't forget to breath.........

4 comments:

  1. As a fellow law enforcement officer,childhood friend of Jeanie,and daughter of God my thoughts and prayers are with you through the journey. Strength, joy and peace be with you throughout.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know who you were until anhour ago when I stumbled upon this. I just finished reading all of your blog postings and all I can say is "Wow." You are an amazing individual. You are so brave for allowing the world to read about your journey. You are a great writer and I found myself engossed in your story. You opened my eyes to a lot of things this morning. Praying for you and your family. *

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, I am Gary Dobbs daughter and just wanted to say on behalf of all of us we are praying for you. I remember meeting you when my uncle passed away and my dad telling me about working with you. You sound like amazing man!
    Oh my dad said he is still waiting for you to come by the house like Officer Ray told us you were going to do back on August 11th, Thats when we found out you were sick so we understand if it wasnt priority. So he said when you get to feeling better then come by if your around town cause he would like to talk you, I would love to talk to you also!
    Good Luck and your in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. May God bring you peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete