Saturday, May 21, 2011

My Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

Thank you for all you have done for my family and I. The way you continually provide for our needs during this time. Thank you that we never go without. Thank you for your love, support and guidance whenever I seek it. Thank you for your promises of peace and joy no matter the circumstances. Thank you for the people you have placed in my life who give me all I need.

Thank you for my wife and the way she loves me unconditionally, stands beside me, takes care of me, supports me, listens to me, holds me and the way she continues to teach me about true love.

Thank you for our children, for their laughter, their smiles, their voices, their love, their energy, their friendship, and the way they teach me to continue to love life the way a child does.

Thank you for my family and they way they help take care of us, support us and stand beside us. Thank you that they listen to me when I need to talk, hear me when I need to cry and set me straight when I am off course.

Thank you for my friends who also stand beside me, love me, support me, listen to me, spend time with me. Thank you they help me take my mind off of things when I need it, share their hopes and struggles, and remind me that we are not alone in this journey.

Thank you for our home. That we have a nice place to live, to be warm in the winter, cool in the summer and a safe place to sleep at night. Thank you that it is a place that we as a family have made life long memories. A place where we share tears, laughter, love, joy, fears, hopes and dreams.

Thank you that I can still function most days, even if not at the level I would like. Thank you, in spite of all, I am still as healthy as I am. Thank you that I can see, hear, touch, taste, smell, laugh, smile, walk, hug my kids and wife, and enjoy a good nights sleep.

Father, as I think about all of this, and look at the world around me, I know that things could be much worse.

We could be broke, but we're not. We could be homeless, but we're not. We could be hungry, but we're not. We could be alone, but we're not. I could be in a hospital, but I am not. I could be in a wheelchair, but I am not. I could be throwing up again, but I am not. I could be bed ridden, but I am not. I could be unable to communicate, but I am not.

God, there are many things that could be worse, but their not.

Thank you father for sustaining us each and every day. Thank you for all of your blessings and love as we continue to travel this journey.

Thank you God for all that we have. And just as much, thank you for what we have not.
Amen


Remember every day to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don't forget to breath.............................

8 comments:

  1. Andy, your prayer puts me to shame. I should be thinking about what right in my world and not wishing it could be different. I should be in awe of my surroundings and instead of wanting something different. I should be content in all things. Your prayer made a difference in me and may in make a difference in all who read it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again your prayer on the blog is mine. You have the perfect words to say it all. Thank you Andy and Becky. We love you. You and your family are amazing and such a blessing. Agape' Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and Amen. You're trial has led you to be an inspiration to us that sometimes forget how blessed we truly are. Fraternally, Brother KY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy, I pray for you and Rebecca and the kids everyday. I am sorry about the news, I just read the last 3 blogs and I am heartbroken for you all. If there is anything at all I can do for you and your family please let me know. I would like to meet you and see Rebecca again. You have such strength and courage to be going through all of this and I admire you. God bless you and your family, Melissa Norton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible heart, Andy...thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doug said...

    I was touched by your prayer and as I read your
    blog am so impressed by your faith and your love
    for your family and friends. I have not had to walk in your shoes but when times are difficult,
    it is our faith in God along with our family that will allow us to "keep putting one foot in front of the other". Reading your blog brings to mind Phillipians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengths me". He has given you an extra measure of strength.



    I do pray for you and all your family daily. I will continue to pray that your new treatments will give good results.

    Doug Hale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy - many at STBC are praying for you and your family. I get updates from your mom and dad fairly regularly. Your resolve and faith inspire us.

    Philip Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you andy for teaching me how to just be their thank you for sharing your childred with us and your wife you four to me are amazing
    THANK YOU FOR JUST BEING YOU

    sharen and donnie

    ReplyDelete