Monday, October 12, 2009

Well it is day something! I am still sitting on the couch. Same view! All in all, things are still good. No pain to speak of and we are grateful still. I had a rough night, night before last. I have never taken pain pills before and they began to really play havoc on my stomach. Thanks to my brother, Jared the pharmacist, he was able to give me a remedy and I am much better now. I want to say a huge thank you to our dear friend Melissa. She called and came over Monday night. She took it upon herself to come over and pamper us. She exfoliated Rebecca's face and hands. (I think that's what it is called, and no I did not have mine done!) Then she gave us both foot massages! And I mean a full massage with two kinds of cream and warm water. It was incredible! It also has to be one of the most selfless acts I have seen in a long time. It was a true example of putting others first, and giving without expectations. I, for the first time in my life, grasped the full lesson of washing someones feet. Thank you Melissa, not only did we both enjoy it immensely, you taught me another lesson in life. One I truly needed to learn.


Okay, since this blog morphed into me trying to express my feelings and thoughts, it requires honesty on part. Otherwise it will be meaningless. So, today I am not so good. Physically good. Mentally not so good. Part of it is the sitting on the couch and not being able to do anything, and having to rely so heavily on someone else. If I have never been anything else in life, I have been independent. For those of you who don't know me well, I need to be busy. I love being at home, but even at home I am constantly busy. Cleaning house, (yes I like cleaning) working in the yard or the garage, just staying busy. So, on day whatever, I am getting restless. I also go in tomorrow for the PET Scan and I am not looking forward to having to lay completely still for two hours with the bandages, sling and drain. Not to mention just being still for that long. The bigger issue is still the waiting. I guess in the aftermath of the surgery I have had enough to keep my mind busy. But the last couple of days I have regressed into worrying about the unknown again. We are still waiting on the lymph node biopsy and I am really ready for an answer. If it is cancerous it will require another surgery which excites me very little. I just want answers and I am growing impatient. I try not to but it is getting tough. We also see the surgeon tomorrow and I am hoping they at least take the drain out. I will say overall I am still confident we are going are going to beat this thing, it is just one of those days. Fear still creeps in from from time to time, guess it's part of the journey. Keep us in your prayers tomorrow.


My how God works. The kids just got home from school and the house is again full of laughter and energy. Just what the doctor ordered. We love you guys!


Remember every day to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don't forget to breath........

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andy for expressing all you have thus far in your journey. It is a true blessing, to me, because of your faith and courage to face this head on! Your postings are so remarkable and insightful. A true inspiration to keep going and putting one foot in front of the other. Resilency that will only continue to grow and amaze us all.

    Restlessness and the mind wondering into the unknown is all normal aspects of you coming to terms with the illness. I know SOOO not fun but usual and something that will make you stronger than you can ever imagine possible when YOU KICK the CANCER to the CURB!

    You hang in there and in the meantime us as your "FORTRESS" will pray more specifically for your areas of need! And us pranksters will ahem...work on ideas for your view and restlessness. For that is how Our Heavenly Father has gifted us ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning to you two heres some WORD for your day

    Lord I am Your workmanship. You created me in Christ Jesus so that I might do good works. The work that You have for me to do. You planned and prepared for me before the creation of the world.

    For we are God's own handiwork His workmanship,recreated in Christ Jesus, born anew that we may do those good works which God predestined planned beforehand for us taking paths which He prepared ahead of time that we should walk in them.

    YOUR SO LOVED AND BLESSED
    sharen

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA YEA GOD IS GREAT

    sharen

    ReplyDelete