Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 2 on the couch andI am looking out the window watching God water the earth. Amazing how I view things differently now days. I can honestly say I am more relaxed right now, inspite all of the unknowns we still face, and in spite of the wraps, slings and tubes, than I have been in a long time. Not being at work helps a great deal as well. As much as I love what I do, and I am sure that I will miss it before long, I must admit this is a nice break. I still feel good physcially. The pain is still minimal which is tremendous. I am a little more mobile today. We have quickly settled into a routine. Every four hours I take my medicine. I then sit up on the edge of the couch and Rebecca helps me put the sling on my arm. I then get up with her help, and do a sort of waddle limp thing to the bathroom. I then waddle limp back to the couch, where she helps me sit back down and we make any necessary sling, wrap or tube adjustments. The wrap on my leg always slides down when I get up and move around which has become annoying. It is quite a show to watch! The good news is today my legs feel better and I am able to put the sling on myself and get up and then back down without any help! I know it doesn't sound like much but hopefully it will mean my wife can go to bed tonight and sleep without having to get up with me all night. (She has to go back to work tomorrow) Yes I will admit it, its hard for me to ask and rely on someone else for help. But I am getting better. The kids were gone the day of surgery, so when they got home after school yesterday was the first time they saw me in my current state. They did really well. Brianna wasn't sure what to think. At one point she sat down on the couch, looked at my cast and said "that's cool". It was really good to have the kids home. That is pretty much life for us right now. I know, I know, take a deep breath, the excitment is overwhelming!

The latest news from the medical front. We go in next Tuesday for a PET Scan. That will tell us if the cancer has spread anywhere else in my body. We also hope to know by then the results of the lymph node biopsy. We will then meet with several Dr.'s here to put together a treatment plan, if it has spread. Then we would make plans to go to Houston. Well that is all for know. Time for my four hour stuff! We love you guys!

Remember everyday to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don't forget to breath.....

3 comments:

  1. great job you guys!!

    sharen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a true TREAT seeing you all today!! Thanks for letting me stop by! Hopefully, I will have something in my little baptist hands the next time I stop by! I know...amazing and lightening didn't strike me or anything!! lol You both looked great! Glad to hear of the improvements. It really is remarkable! Love you both ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  3. good morning to you both and the pictures are great its truly GOD heres some WORD for your day

    Heavenly Father, You have a special purpose and plan for my life. I will trust You to perform on my behalf. For You will bring to pass Your plans for me and You will complete them.

    I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me, who brings to pass HIS purposes for me and surely completes them!!

    rebecca have a good day at work and have peace
    YOUR SO LOVED AND BLESSED
    sharen

    ReplyDelete