Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Round 4

Greetings from the Wileman house. I hope this blog finds each of you well, warm, and done with your Christmas shopping. I know not all of you can be finished though because not all of you have asked me what I want! Just kidding. I still have a few things left to get myself, but I just cannot stand going into stores this time of year. I actually went with Rebecca the other day and was quite proud of myself. I think I really surprised her when I suggested that we finish whatever shopping she had left. I won't do that again I promise!

Well Round 4 is officially in the books. As I stated before we were able to do it here in Tulsa which was great. I went Monday through Thursday for about three hours each day. Then on Friday I had to go in for a shot that is designed to make new cells. It was a difficult week for me. I am finding that each round is a little harder than the last. I still don't have any nausea to speak of, and my appetite remains good, but I had other issues. Basically my blood pressure stayed too high through most of the week, I am having some sleeplessness and joint and body pain. I also am having a disconnected feeling. It's kind of strange and hard to explain but I will just stare off into space, have a hard time getting things to go from my brain to my mouth, and just cannot seem to process things in my head. I am also struggling a little with the whole process. I told Rebecca the other day one of the frustrating things for me is there is no end in sight for all of this. No one can say on this day and time that this will be over and you can get back to living. And I understand that no one can, it just doesn't make it any easier for me. But we plug on. We will go to Houston on December 29th and 30th for the next round of testing. We will then see what the tumors are doing, what the doctor's say and go from there.

I have also been reminded that no matter what, life doesn't stop. I noticed the other day that the back bumper on my car had been hit and no one told us! (Bumper is totaled.) And two of the kids are sick. High fever's, coughing and just miserable. I am doing my best to keep from catching it but I don't have much hope. But we keep on putting one foot in front of the other and doing the best we can. We have so much to be thankful for this season. It could always be worse!

Remember every day to put one foot in front of the other, drink a lot of water, and don't forget to breath..................

2 comments:

  1. You are such an inspiration to me. I enjoy your blog more than I can say. Keep it up, believe it or not it is like a mini Bible study for me. Still praying for you. mjr Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following ur blog all along....I am confident the treatment plan will be successful..praying for healing 18sdad

    ReplyDelete